Getting Ready to Sell Your Property
If you have a home is for sale or soon to be for sale, in addition to a general cleaning here are some steps you can take to benefit from that all-important first look:
1. Start with the outside. Mow the law, prune bushes, remove dead branches and get rid of outdoor furniture you don't intend to move.
2. Paint the front door and window frames, or at least clean them up.
3. Check for leaks. A drip may not seem important, but does it suggest poor maintenance in those places that maybe the buyer can't see? Eliminate buyer worries and fix the little items which may be seen as clues relating to the general condition and upkeep of the house.
4. Clean out closets and storage areas. Paint them off-white inside to make them seem roomier.
5. Have a professional cleaning company clean the carpets. I would suggest this only if you are not replacing the carpets.
6. Caulk around tubs and sinks. New caulk invariably looks better than old caulk, and you'll also prevent leaks.
7. Replace bulbs that don't work and use as much wattage as is appropriate for each fixture, usually I use 100watt bulbs everywhere. Bright lights make homes seem, well…….Brighter!
8. If there are outdated tiles in kitchen and bath areas make sure and paint them with an appropriate color…here are some of the colors I would recommend….high gloss white. It will amaze you the change this simple fix can have on a sixties type of bathroom.
9. Replace some old bathroom fixtures with a bar light above the mirror or medicine cabinet.
10. People have allergies and if there are sign of a pet make sure to get rid of them before showing the home, eg: pet doors.
11. Homes in a given location and price range battle for a common pool of buyers. Make sure that you do the things that will set your house apart from the rest. A key factor in this is offering some assistance with financing whether in a second mortgage or offering your mortgage to be assumed.
Good luck and Happy Investing
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Motiva Group teaches people how to invest in real estate successfully and are the developers of the "Zero Down in Canada Real Estate Investment Home Study Course." See our web site for more information about real estate investing. http://www.motivagroup.com Permission to use these articles is granted as long as you keep the bio text and link to our web site intact.
Becky Hancock Realty
2915 Rucker Blvd., Enterprise, Alabama 36330
PO Box 311030, Enterprise, AL 36331